> First, it represents man's attempt to take for himself the authority of God to create human life.
How so? If (since) the fall has affected the physical universe (on earth) as well as the spiritual, human bodies don't always work as per the original 'specification'. As the puritans pointed out the former can be ameliorated by 'science' (in this case medical), the second by religion (by which they meant faith in Christ etc.)
And actually, we do have delegated authority, and agency to create human life. Its called marriage or celibacy.

> Second, it removes procreation of children from its natural context of marital love and intimacy.
How so? Marital love and intimacy are much, much more than mere copulation (usually required required for conception). And the decision to seek medical assitance (of various types) is just as brave as that required to seek to adopt - both of which take considerable courage, thought, prayer, and often tears, and ... love and intimacy.

> Third, it adds a consumeristic element to children and childbearing that reduces these little embryos to a commodity.
I call inflamatory to that one. Little is a comparative. Are there big embyos, middle sized ones, and small ones? No. There are just embryos. Is it consumeristic to want children, or not want children. Maybe, but it can apply to everything in life over which we have any degree of 'choice'. The availablity of medical technology provides a potential choice unavailable back in the day (along with dillemmas also not present back in the day!), but choice does not equate to consumerism per se.

But my main problem with all of this is the presumption that an embyo = 'a human soul'. Throughout the discussion of embryos, storage, use, 'disposal' and the rest, the assumption is being made that an embryo equals a soul, that stored embyos are somehow people in the full sense of that word (and a human is not a person without a soul - it'd be an animal of some sort). Logically, if we believe a stored (harvested) embyo is a person (a soul), what of the outfall of a woman's monthly cycle - wasn't that unfertilised embyo one as well ? I think not.
OK, maybe no-one is really saying that embyos equal souls ecapsulated in bilogical material.

But someone will say, once an embryo is fertilised (in vitrio), it is now, a human, a person, (has a soul). Consequenly, it cannot simply be discarded. But is it actually human ? Does the presence of a sperm, somehow transform some biological material to personhood? Can adding a bit more biological material to another larger amount of biological material 'create' human life, a human, with an embodied soul. I think not.

So when does human life start? Where does the fertilised (naturally or with assistance) get the soul, the unique breath of God that makes us image bearers? From where? From the human mother. Eve is called 'the mother of the living', it is through the woman that the breath of God, the imago deo comes. Only, and not until, implantation happens does human life begin. At that point, and not before, a new image bearer comes into existence, utilising the genetic data from the actual parents. Thus, in my opnion, stored embyos, and unused fertilised ones are a non-problem.